Sunday, May 3, 2009

All about Dad


Ella J has a fantastic dad.
Clay returned to work this week and..I have to be honest, I was panicked about how things would go. But Clay handled the week gracefully; he managed to go to work, help take care of Ella J, do the grocery shopping, install a brand new backyard, keep me from losing my mind, and gave me an awesome massage today :).

Dad the SuperNanny:
This week Clay and Xander planted a garden and-the coolest thing-learned to walk on bucket stilts! Clay also received his Montessori diploma for ages 0-3 this week! He'll soon be starting on Montessori certification for ages 3-6. He's busy preparing for August, when his 'peeps' will double from two kiddos to four: Xander, Hutch, Ella J and Xander's little sister (due in June)! I'm so happy Ella J will get to spend all day with her dad in their very own 'natural childlife preserve'.


Dad the Gardener:
Clay found some free sod on Craigslist and loaded the backseat of his car with it and started on Ella J's backyard oasis. His car was completely weighed down with grass..it was hilarious! He's been working on this project for a couple of weekends now...and it's getting close to being finished. The hole Clay is standing in will soon be a fountain with fish to eat the mosquitos.


Just Dad:
Even though he's short a couple of functional breasts, Clay has been busy helping take care of Ella J. She's beginning to understand that the tall goofy guy with the bandana is her Dad and will be sticking around for a while and smells pretty good. He's our very own 'baby whisperer' who gives me great baby advice quicker than I can look it up in any of the 20 baby care books I have. I am so happy that Ella J has a man in her life who is as creative, loving, nurturing and patient as Clay is; we both couldn't be luckier.

No comments:

Post a Comment