Saturday, May 2, 2009

Belly button today, driving tomorrow!


A few mornings ago we woke up to find Ella J's umbilical cord stump had fallen off. She officially has an outie belly button (for now). This little step towards independence had me a little worried about her growing up too fast, but she spent the rest of the day snuggled up to my chest to remind me that we still have a little time together :).
I was super excited to see her umbilical cord stump had fallen off because that meant we could try out different types of diapers now that things can touch her belly button. Clay and I decided to go with cloth diapers. I think that used to mean just simply "cloth diapers". Not any more. There are over 10 different cloth diapering 'systems' with at least 20 brands of varying quality for each 'system'.
There are 'all in ones', 'all in twos', 'one sizes', 'prefolds', 'fitteds', etc. People on the web who talk about these diapers like to make it even more confusing with crazy acronyms for every system and brand...so there are AIO BG's and OS FB's...I actually found a discussion forum on the internet about cloth diaper acronyms! This is by far one of the most challenging things I've taken on as a parent.
Fortunately, my ability to make decisions in less than a week's time has returned since no longer being pregnant. I'm happy to report Ella J will be sporting Bum Genius 3.0 One-Size Cloth Diapers. These are really cool because they are adjustable for babies 7-30 lbs and will be the only diapers she will ever need. So hopefully, I will not need to visit anymore cloth diapering forums any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment